February 25th – 2013 Regular Legislative Session Day 43

Here are the final seven bills we’ll be hearing in the Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government Committee meeting today. Substitute House Bill 1875 designates the State Parks and Recreation Commission (Commission) as a general authority Washington law enforcement agency; exempts park rangers of the Commission from membership in the Law Enforcement Officers’ and Fire Fighters’ Retirement System; requires the Criminal Justice Training Commission (CJTC) to provide programs and training standards for state park rangers; allows the admission of park rangers into the Washington State Patrol’s academy; and requires 30 percent of all park rangers to be certified by June 30, 2014, and the remaining 70 percent of park rangers to be certified by June 30, 2016.

Substitute House Bill 1876 Designates the Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB) as a general authority Washington law enforcement agency; exempts liquor control officers of the WSLCB from membership in the Law Enforcement Officers’ and Fire Fighters’ Retirement System; requires the Criminal Justice Training Commission (CJTC) to provide programs and training standards for liquor control officers; allows the admission of liquor control officers into the Washington State Patrol’s academy; and requires 30 percent of all liquor control officers to be certified by June 30, 2014, and the remaining 70 percent of liquor control officers to be certified by June 30, 2016.

Substitute House Bill 1651 provides that juvenile offender records are confidential unless the juvenile has been adjudicated for a sex offense or a serious violent offense; the court may release juvenile records for inspection upon good cause shown; provides that juvenile offender records may not be published, distributed, or sold; and provides that the provisions of the act are prospective and retrospective; and the act takes effect July 1, 2014.

Substitute House Bill 1819 requires agencies to create digital layered maps displaying energy, broadband, water, sewer, and transportation infrastructure and directs the Washington State Department of Commerce and the Washington State Department of Transportation to use the maps to identify infrastructure gaps and priority areas for future investment.

House Bill 1661 removes restrictions on vacating convictions of misdemeanor marijuana possession.

House Bill 1818 authorizes the Department of Commerce, in collaboration with the Office of Regulatory Assistance and the Office of Accountability and Performance, to conduct annual multi-jurisdictional regulatory streamlining projects impacting specific industry sectors within specific geographical locations through 2019.

House Bill 1192 allows veterans with disabilities who are residents of other states to purchase hunting and fishing licenses at the reduced rates offered to veterans with disabilities who live in Washington and provides discretionary authority to the existing advisory committee for the interests of hunters and fishers with disabilities to reach out to other states in an effort to promote the discounted opportunities for veterans with disabilities in Washington and collaborate with other states in an effort to encourage similar opportunities for Washington’s veterans with disabilities when they hunt or fish in other states.

Advertisements
Explore posts in the same categories: Uncategorized

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

You can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: